Natural ginger tea and related tonics have been used globally as natural treatments for conditions such as diarrhea and stomach discomfort for thousands of years, thanks to its special medicinal properties.
Why is Ginger so great for you?
Study finds that ginger contains many useful ingredients such as zingerone, shogaol, gingerol and paradol.
Gingerol, in fact, is thought to have responsible for most of the positive benefits of ginger. Several experiments have shown that gingerol can potentially inhibit inflammation.
Although inflammation is a completely natural immune response, chronic inflammation is known to be at the root of diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Thanks to its gingerol substance, ginger is one of the leading anti-inflammatory products and has been used as a natural therapy for many inflammatory disorders, ranging from asthma to Alzheimer’s.
Here is the Best Ginger Tea Recipe:
It takes 10 to 20 minutes to prepare for 2 serves.
- 2 cups of boiling water
- One 2 inch knob of fresh thin, shiny skin ginger root
- Fresh lemon juice
- One Turmeric
- One tbsp of honey or pure maple syrup for additional sweetness and nutrients. (Optional)
- cinnamon stick or Pinch of cayenne. (Optional)
- Clean the 2-inch knob of the fresh ginger root and cut into very slim slices.
- Add the slices of the ginger to the boiling water and boil for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on how strong you like.
- Remove from heat and strain by pouring the tea into a fine strainer to collect all of the ginger. Remove the ginger pieces and apply to your option of lemon, turmeric, raw honey or cayenne to improve the taste and beneficial effects. Cut the turmeric root into thin slices and simmer with the ginger.
- You will enjoy your fresh ginger tea, whether hot or cold. Place any extras in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. Consume one to three cups a day to improve the health benefits.
Depending on why you drink fresh ginger tea, you might want to apply other optional components that help detoxification and your immune system.
In addition to supplying us with strong phytonutrients, ginger root also contains small quantities of potassium, vitamin C, manganese, copper and magnesium.
One cup of fresh ginger tea prepared with raw honey using the above recipe includes roughly the following:
- 40 kcal
- About 0 grams of protein, fat and fiber
- 8 grams of sugar.
- 9 grams of carbohydrates
Are you wondering about other ways to use ginger root after you’ve purchased it?
It can be consumed fresh or dried, juiced or mixed into your favorite drinks. Try to make a natural cough remedy with peppermint or apply a few teaspoons to hot bath using lavender oil.
With a strong, peppery taste, it may also be used in stir-fry, smoothies, soups or vegetable juices for an additional amount of spice and to boost the nutrient content.
- Natural remedy for upset stomach
Ginger has also been used for centuries as a natural cure for diarrhea, motion sickness and morning sickness. If you are a little queasy, sipping a warm cup of ginger root tea may be exactly what you need.
One research from Thailand found that ginger has been able to reduce both diarrhea and vomiting in pregnant people.
2. Improves Immunity
Even if you’re beginning to feel a little under the weather or have a full-blown sniffle case, ginger tea will help offer the immune system a-needed boost. In reality, many people using ginger tea as an important natural remedy for cold symptoms, allergies and infections.
3. Helps to protect the brain health
Thanks to its potential to decrease inflammation, some study has found that ginger root is helpful to the wellbeing of the brain and can help defend against neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s.
A research released in Evidence-Based Complementary and Traditional Medicine has found that taking ginger powder for two months has increased concentration and cognitive performance in middle-aged people.
4. Eases pain
When you have chronic discomfort in your joints or muscles, you might want to try applying a cup of ginger tea to your routine.
5. Improve weight loss
Are you going to lose a few pounds? With one warm cup of ginger tea per day you will easily lose weight fast.
6. Promotes digestive health and Keeps cholesterol under control.
Sources & References: https://draxe.com/